"Jesus welcomes doubts, questions, confusion, frustration, venting, and disbelief. He welcomes those who draw near and say, ‘I feel so far.’ If you haven’t talked to him in a while, he will not bite your head off. His arms are always open. Jesus can handle your clenching of the teeth and shaking of the fist. What he does not want is for you to stay there."
The garden of Gethsemane // The place where Jesus wept. Gethsemane means oil press. In the time of Christ (as it still is now) it was filled with Olive trees. Located next to the garden was an Oil press where Olive Oil was made. Just as the olives where crushed, Jesus was for you and me. I bawled my eyes out. He did it for all of humanity. He thought of me. He pleaded with God three times to stop His inevitable future. He is such a beautiful saviour. No words can explain His grace, mercy and compassion on us all.
YOU KNOW YOURE IN TOO DEEP WHEN YOU PICTURE YOURSELF SNUGGLING IN BED NEXT TO THEM OR WHEN YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING FUN AND WISH THEY WERE THERE TO SHARE THAT MOMENT WITH YOU OR THE WORST IS WHEN YOU SEE SOMETHING AND THINK OH THEY WOULD LIKE THAT
i wish more people said that being single is normal
and you’re not going to meet and marry someone
and that’s fine
and if marriage happens, it happens. and it’s not the next big ticket to check off in life’s checklist
because not everyone meets someone they want to marry. and that’s normal
you’re not broken or unfulfilled if you are single
These sweet puppies arrived in the mail today and I’m so stinking excited.
1) The day my sister got back from the hospital after a suicide attempt. I didnt let go for about an hour.
2) Kid just found out his brother was shot and killed.
3) A Russian war veteran kneels beside the tank he spent the war in, now a monument.
4) Man sobbing at animal shelter. After being jailed briefly and his dog Buzz Lightyear impounded he couldn’t afford the $400 to get his pet back.
5) A firefighter gives water to a koala during the devastating Black Saturday bushfires that burned across Victoria, Australia, in 2009.
6) Alcoholic father with his son
7) Robert Peraza pauses at his son’s name on the 9/11 Memorial during the tenth anniversary ceremonies at the site of the World Trade Center.
8) Greg Cook hugs his dog Coco after finding her inside his destroyed home in Alabama following the Tornado in March, 2012
9) After two double lung transplants and years of battling cystic fibrosis, my good friend passed away last Saturday. This was one of the last pics taken with his mother.
These are probably some of the most powerful pictures I’ve ever seen and some hit close to home.
(Source: stochasticvariable, via yadiyadabloop)